Below are some steps outlining the process of copying the template default Table of Contents to your project (which allows you to edit the layout):
- Add a Document! X placeholder ToC node to the Toc (if one doesn't exist already)
- Double-click on this node to open the ToC node editor window
- Change the Type to Document! X placeholder (specific documentation type)
- Select the relevant Documentation Type
- Select the A custom Table of Contents Layout which I will defined below this node
The default layout for the selected documentation type (.NET, COM, Xsd, etc) is now available in your project's ToC (beneath the placeholder node) to edit.