Here're some notes and suggestions for HelpStudio. Hopefully they could make it better:
Each HelpStudio project should have its own instance of the
chosen template. This will guarantee portability for the project files.
Otherwise, there will be a high risk on losing my customized template if any, because all HelpStudio template files are stored usually out of the "user profile" scope in Windows, so that if I decided to backup my project files, I would probably forget the template files simply because they're not stored on the project files themselves.
Moreover, if I was dealing with the project from the Source Control, I would not be able to check-in my modifications on the template files to the Source Control, and thus they can't be generalized to the rest of the team.
- There should be separated HTML templates for each language.
- Adding a new field called "Acronym" for each language.
- Showing entries in fields that belong to the middle-eastern languages automatically from right to left.
- An option to avoid fixed-header and fixed-footer in the resulted CHM file.
- A simple database for an FAQ page, just like Glossary.
- An ability to build Find/Replace queries for HTML codes with an ability to execute a sequence of queries using a one batch file.